GLENDALE, AZ - A hazmat situation broke out Friday afternoon at 65th Avenue and Glendale Ave.
According to Glendale fire, there were five bottles of nitric acid found at a mobile home park.
The 43-year-old property manager smelled the strong, chemical odor and followed it to a dumpster where the containers were located.
He picked up one of the containers and the fumes overwhelmed him, his wife, Linneya Krell, told ABC15.
"He started choking and jumped down to get away from it," she said.
Hazmat crews were on the scene making sure the situation was cleaned up properly.
Five people from two homes were evacuated, but are all back in the their homes.
Glendale High School, which is nearby, was not on lockdown due to the situation.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Did You Hear?
Hampton Creek Foods is scouring the planet for plants that can replace chicken eggs in everything from cookies to omelets to French toast. Its first product is an egg-free mayonnaise now sold at Whole Foods Markets.
Chicago Bulls dancer Ariana Rosado was part of a marriage proposal routine that she wasn't prepared for -- her own.
A man traveling to visit his sister in California woke up to find himself locked inside a dark, empty plane.
More Glendale News
Police are still searching for a second suspect after a burglary at the Salvation Army in Glendale.