GLENDALE, AZ - A hazmat situation broke out Friday afternoon at 65th Avenue and Glendale Ave.
According to Glendale fire, there were five bottles of nitric acid found at a mobile home park.
The 43-year-old property manager smelled the strong, chemical odor and followed it to a dumpster where the containers were located.
He picked up one of the containers and the fumes overwhelmed him, his wife, Linneya Krell, told ABC15.
"He started choking and jumped down to get away from it," she said.
Hazmat crews were on the scene making sure the situation was cleaned up properly.
Five people from two homes were evacuated, but are all back in the their homes.
Glendale High School, which is nearby, was not on lockdown due to the situation.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Did You Hear?
Dr. Akhil Chouksey goes over the best ways to deal with allergy season.
The Pinnacle Peak Pistoleros put on their Wild West Shows with family-friendly jokes and stunts performed by vaudeville-type characters like those popular at the turn of the century.
According to a swimwear seller, picking the best swimsuit for you comes down to three things.
More Glendale News
We all hear the message to stay hydrated and drink plenty of water, but what if too much water could put you in danger?