GLENDALE, AZ - Twenty one people were evacuated from a Glendale care center Thursday night when a fire broke out in a utility room.
Glendale Fire Department spokesman Michael Young said the fire broke out at the Glencroft retirement living center at 67th Avenue and Olive around 9 p.m.
Fire officials said the fire started on the fourth floor. Sprinklers knocked the fire out before it destroyed the building.
Firefighters said all the residents on the fourth floor will have to be relocated.
The Glendale Fire Department tweeted out at 10:41 p.m. initial findings point to a faulty ice machine that caused the fire.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Did You Hear?
The puppy was dropped off at an animal shelter without its mother when he was just one-day old. Luckily, Lurlene and her litter welcomed him with no hesitation.
The zoo in Novosibirsk in Russia is home to a unique animal -- the liliger. Only three of them exist at this zoo.
More Glendale News
The Glendale Police Department is asking for the public's help solving a deadly hit-and-run.