GLENDALE, AZ - Twenty one people were evacuated from a Glendale care center Thursday night when a fire broke out in a utility room.
Glendale Fire Department spokesman Michael Young said the fire broke out at the Glencroft retirement living center at 67th Avenue and Olive around 9 p.m.
Fire officials said the fire started on the fourth floor. Sprinklers knocked the fire out before it destroyed the building.
Firefighters said all the residents on the fourth floor will have to be relocated.
The Glendale Fire Department tweeted out at 10:41 p.m. initial findings point to a faulty ice machine that caused the fire.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Did You Hear?
Canadian airline WestJet surprised passengers with gifts from their Christmas wish list at the end of their flight.
In the year of the selfie, even three world leaders can get away with the relatively new phenomenon–and at a memorial service, no less.
Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina is known as a humble man, a capable administrator and -- as expected of a new Pope -- a man of great faith.
More Glendale News
This year, the Arizona Department of Education issued an F-rating for 11 public schools, five of which are charter schools.