GLENDALE, AZ - Two Glendale residents say a cigarette is to blame for a fire that destroyed the front part of their home.
Firefighters say the fire broke out near 43rd Avenue and Northern Avenue around 1:30 a.m. Monday morning.
ABC15 spoke with the elderly couple who was inside the home. They say the fire started in one of the bedrooms and then quickly spread throughout the entire front of the house.
Adding to the danger was the fact that the man is wheelchair bound and on oxygen.
Firefighters had to help him out the front door.
The couple and their cat are now staying at a local hotel.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Click on the region names in the map below to see news from that region.
Things To Do
INSIDE: Check out our top pick for weekend events around Arizona!
RIGHT NOW: Top Stories
Freeze Warnings are in effect across the Valley. Time to protect your plants, pets and pipes.
We are learning just how things transpired that may have led to the deaths of 19 Granite Mountain Hotshot firefighters in June.
Joshua Barnes will serve two concurrent 15-year sentences after a violent home invasion in Sun City, according to the Maricopa County Attorney's Office.
Pantone, the company that considers itself the authority on colors in consumer trends, announced Thursday that the color of 2014 is .... radiant orchid!
Some of the system's owners say the PS4 locks up and they can't use it.
Three suspects have been indicted on charges related to the murder of Brian Lee Weathers on Halloween night.