AVONDALE, AZ - Office workers at Westview High School were evacuated Tuesday after fire crews found carbon monoxide inside the school.
Fire spokesman Ron Deadman said firefighters were called to the school near 107th Avenue and Indian School around 2 p.m. after an employee at the the school complained of an extreme headache.
The employee was taken to a hospital where it was determined they had been exposed to carbon monoxide.
The school was evacuated when a second person at the school started complaining of the same symptoms.
The Avondale Fire Department found small amounts of carbon monoxide inside the office area of the school.
Ron Deadman said the incident happened because a "small amount of carbon monoxide mixed with carbon dioxide because the fresh intake ducts had been closed."
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Did You Hear?
It's no longer enough to have smartphones, smartwatches, smart TVs and smart cars. Now a tech company wants to bring artificial intelligence to lingerie.
Fox Sports said, in a news release, that ads sold out one month ahead of last year.
If you're shopping for a real Christmas tree, check out these tips to keep it from drying out.
More Avondale News
Authorities have identified the body of a woman who was found face-down in a canal in Avondale on Thanksgiving.