MESA, AZ - Mesa police say a 43-year-old cab driver is behind bars for allegedly asking for sex acts for payment.
Police spokesman Steve Berry said police received a complaint Friday from a woman who claimed that a cab driver had offered to waive her fare in exchange for sexual favors. Berry said the woman declined the offer and paid her fare.
"He was super creepy," said the 22-year-old woman who asked that we not use her name. "He grabbed my left hand and put it in between his legs, and I pulled back and got really freaked out."
The woman told ABC15 that the driver locked the back doors so that she would sit in the front seat. "He asked me, what would I do for a free cab ride."
Police then learned of a second complaint the next day from a different woman complaining to the cab company that she too had been offered to waive her fare for sexual favors. She also declined the offer and paid for her ride.
The second victim was picked up at a different location, but described the same cab driver to police.
With the help of Discount Cab Company, police were able to identify the driver as Eric Vincent.
Detectives interviewed Vincent on Tuesday at which point he admitted to offering to waive the women's fare in exchange for sexual favors.
Berry said Vincent was placed under arrest and booked on two counts of solicitation of prostitution, and one count of sexual abuse.
Discount Cab released the following statement from the president of Total Transit, Michael Pinckard:
Authorities believe there may be additional victims. If anyone has had similar contact with a cab driver, or knows of a similar account, they are asked to call the Mesa Police Department at 480-644-2211 or Silent Witness at 480-WITNESS.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Click on the region names in the map below to see news from that region.
RIGHT NOW: Top Stories
A bridge collapse has killed one person at a Loop 202 construction site in Mesa.
This is the latest information about the Doce Fire from the Prescott National and U.S. Forest Service.
The massive fire has sent thick plumes of smoke across northern Arizona.
Dry air and hot conditions continue but now we're adding gusty winds into the mix and that's making for another day of dangerous fire conditions. Find out which areas are facing the greatest threat.
Several hundred homes are under a mandatory evacuation order as crews continue to battle the Doce Fire.
A wind-fueled wildfire that broke out Tuesday morning in the Prescott National Forest has grown to 5,000 acres in a matter of hours.