MESA, AZ - Two cats got a second chance at life after being rescued from a Mesa apartment fire Tuesday night.
Mesa Fire Department spokesman Forrest Smith said the fire started at an apartment complex near Stapley Road and University Drive around 5 p.m.
Fire crews were able to contain the fire to a single unit. Smith said volunteers were on hand to provide treatment to the two cats rescued by firefighters.
Officials said no one was home at the time of the fire, but the people who were living in the apartment were displaced. Firefighters said three other apartment units were saved from the rapidly spreading fire.
The origin and cause of the fire has yet to be determined.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Did You Hear?
Dr. Akhil Chouksey goes over the best ways to deal with allergy season.
The Pinnacle Peak Pistoleros put on their Wild West Shows with family-friendly jokes and stunts performed by vaudeville-type characters like those popular at the turn of the century.
According to a swimwear seller, picking the best swimsuit for you comes down to three things.
More Mesa News
A motorcyclist was killed when he crashed into a car in Mesa Thursday night, according to authorities.