PHOENIX - An ABC15 viewer is taking action to help out a Valley mother and her children after their home was struck by lightning, caught fire and was left with extensive damage .
Santreesa Taylor said she lost all of her belongings after her home near 99th Avenue and Lower Buckeye Road caught fire. When she smelled smoke, she rushed her children and dog outside.
By the time the family got out, the roof of her home was engulfed in flames and had caved into the house.
She gathered a couple of her friends to collect furniture -- including a bed, table and chairs, and lighting fixtures -- to be donated to the Taylor family.
ABC15 called the Phoenix Firefighter's Union and they helped deliver the much-needed furniture to Taylor's home.
If you would like to help out the family, a fund has been created at the Arizona Federal Credit Union. The account is listed under the "Taylor Family Fund."
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Click on the region names in the map below to see news from that region.
Things To Do
INSIDE: View our list of events happening this week around the Valley.
RIGHT NOW: Top Stories
A Valley couple has been charged with assault and disorderly conduct after arguing with McDonald's employees and throwing food at them.
Police say 12-year-old Sarina Ehler has been found safe and sound after going missing Monday morning.
George Zimmerman filed an affidavit from his girlfriend that says she doesn't want him charged with aggravated assault, battery and criminal mischief.
Phoenix police officers paid tribute Monday morning to Reserve Lt. Bob Sparks, who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer several months ago.
Most of the Valley will freeze again tonight, but a nice warm-up is coming soon!
Meko had wandered off from the family's tent at a campground in Parker on the Fourth of July weekend in 2012, apparently taken by a man who also was in the campground.