PHOENIX - Maricopa County prosecutors plan to retry a dump truck driver charged in the deaths of four motorcyclists last year in north Phoenix.
A mistrial was declared Aug. 18 after jurors deadlocked over whether to convict Michael Jakscht of manslaughter and assault.
County Attorney Bill Montgomery said Friday that he met with prosecutors to review the case and a decision was made to retry Jakscht. No trial date has been set.
A call to Jakscht’s attorney Robyn Varcoe for comment wasn’t immediately returned.
The 48-year-old Jakscht is accused of plowing his 12-ton truck into a group of motorcyclists stopped at a traffic light on March 25, 2010.
Four motorcyclists died and five others were injured in the fiery accident. Phoenix police say toxicology tests showed Jakscht had methamphetamine in his system.
Did You Hear?
Mayo Clinic experts share their top strategies for making a permanent change in your lifestyle and habits.
Joseph Ali was down about 15 feet going after a smaller lobster when he saw the giant.
Here's a look at what you need to know about Christmas, a popular Christian holiday celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ.
More North Phoenix News
The residents said they smelled smoke and saw fire in the back of the house. They got everyone out before firefighters arrived.