Frank Lloyd Wright-designed home in Phoenix.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
PHOENIX - The city of Phoenix and a developer who was poised to demolish a Frank Lloyd Wright-designed home have reached an agreement that will put any work on hold while a search continues for a buyer.
A senior adviser for Mayor Greg Stanton said Wednesday that the agreement with the developers who bought the 1952 home in the city's Arcadia neighborhood delays for nearly a month any demolition of the house.
Adviser Brendan Mahoney says the deal signed Monday allows time to find a buyer who will preserve the house.
The potential demolition of the sweeping home set on more than 2 acres set off a firestorm in the architectural community. The Chicago-based Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy hurried to get historic status designation while the developer fought the effort.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Did You Hear?
Did a woman capture photographic evidence of a UFO earlier this month?
Memorial Day weekend wouldn’t be the same without the backyard grill. The staple of backyard cooking isn’t just for meat either.
Actress Amanda Bynes was charged with reckless endangerment after police say she heaved a marijuana bong out of an apartment window in New York City.
More Central Phoenix News
Officer Daryl Raetz’s funeral procession will take place Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.