PHOENIX - Several people had to be evacuated from Sky Harbor airport Sunday morning after a popular restaurant caught fire in Terminal 4.
Sky Harbor spokesperson Tony Mure said the fire started around 10 a.m. at Chelsea's Kitchen.
Fire officials said the restaurant's ventilation hood caught fire causing visible smoke and flames. Crews said an employee used a fire extinguisher to put out the blaze.
According to the Associated Press, an estimated 30 people at Chelsea's Kitchen and a neighboring restaurant were evacuated. The airport terminal remained open.
Firefighters said Chelsea's Kitchen suffered minimal damage from the fire, and there was no damage to the eatery next door.
Mure said the fire was likely caused by grease that had accumulated in the ventilation hood.
Crews said no one was injured in the fire.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Click on the region names in the map below to see news from that region.
Things To Do
INSIDE: View our list of events happening this week around the Valley.
RIGHT NOW: Top Stories
Nearly 365,000 people have signed up for Obamacare in its first two months, but that's still a far cry from the 7 million projected to ultimately enroll for 2014.
A man and woman have been arrested in a series of shoplifting incidents involving baby formula at Scottsdale-area grocery stores since May.
Plan for warmer temperatures today and in to the weekend. Find out just how warm we will get this weekend.
Firefighters have controlled a two-alarm structure fire in Buckeye that started early Wednesday morning.
Police in South Africa say retired Archbishop Desmond Tutu's home was robbed while he was away to attend a memorial honoring Nelson Mandela.
Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina is known as a humble man, a capable administrator and -- as expected of a new Pope -- a man of great faith.