Today at 11:15 a.m. the bodies of the 19 fallen firefighters from the Granite Mountain Hotshots will be transported from Phoenix to Prescott.
The public is invited to view the escort pass by Wesley Bolin Memorial Plaza, 1700 W. Washington Street.
With several streets being closed for the procession, the Phoenix Street Transportation Department strongly encourages those who are interested to watch the event specifically from this location.
There will be several street closures for the procession:
From 11 p.m. Saturday to 2 p.m. Sunday, Madison Street will be closed from 8th to 10th avenues. 8th Avenue will be closed from Adams to Madison streets.
From 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday, 15th Avenue will be closed between Adams and Madison streets. Washington Street and Jefferson Street will be closed between 7th and 15th avenues.
Start Location: 8th Ave and Madison Avenue
1. North on 8th Ave to Washington Ave
2. West on Washington Ave which turns into Adams
3. West on Adams to I-17
4. North on I-17 to State Route 74 (Carefree Hwy)
5. West on State Route 74 to US 60
6. North on US 60 through Wickenburg to US 93
7. West on US 93 to State Route 89
8. North on State Route 89 to Prescott
9. State Route 89 turns into White Spar Rd.
10. White Spar Rd turns into Montezuma St.
11. North on Montezuma St to Navajo Dr **
12. East on Navajo Dr to 6th St **
13. South on 6th St to Moeller St **
14. East on Moeller St to Pleasant St **
15. South on Pleasant St to Sheldon St **
16. East on Sheldon St to Gurley St
17. East on Gurley St to State Route 89
18. North on State Route 89 to State Route 89A
19. East on 89A to N. County Fair Trail
20. South on N. County Fair Trail to 7100 N. County Fair Trail
** Please note that part of the route will NOT be open to the public. That includes Navajo Drive to 6th Street to Pleasant Street to Sheldon Street.
** The public will NOT be allowed to join the escort at any point.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Click on the region names in the map below to see news from that region.
Things To Do
INSIDE: View our list of events happening this week around the Valley.
RIGHT NOW: Top Stories
Prosecutors say that over a five-day period, Grose traveled with his common-law wife of 16 years across Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona and Colorado, beating her and torturing her.
As the rain and snow taper off today we're in store for more cool days and some frigid nights to kick off the week.
A man traveling to visit his sister in California woke up to find himself locked inside a dark, empty plane.
The shooting happened around 2 a.m. at an apartment complex near the Loop 101 and University Drive, said Sgt. Michael Pooley of the Tempe Police Department.
Cold weather has forced thousands of flights to be canceled across the country, leaving many travelers frustrated for yet another day.
The Cardinals enter Sunday's game against St. Louis on an eight-game losing streak against teams in their division.