AHWATUKEE - The hot weather prompted a large firefighter response to a house fire in Ahwatukee on Saturday.
Phoenix fire Capt. Jonathan Jacobs said a plumber was working at the home near Chandler Boulevard and 17th Avenue when the first-alarm fire was reported around 2:15 p.m.
The 49-year-old plumber suffered a minor burn injury on his arm and was taken to a local hospital. There were no other injuries.
Officials say a large response was called for due to the hot weather. Firefighters took turns working the fire scene in 20 minute shifts to prevent overheating.
Jacobs said firefighters were called out of the home once the roof started to come down in several sections and tiles fell on crews. He said the fire was fed by a gas line once it got into the attic.
Jacobs said the damage to the home was substantial.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Did You Hear?
Pantone, the company that considers itself the authority on colors in consumer trends, announced Thursday that the color of 2014 is .... radiant orchid!
A Wendy's employee who dropped a partially smoked blunt in a customer's cheeseburger has been fired and charged with marijuana possession.
The 11-year-old dancing sensation who first made a name for himself at the Detroit Pistons game, appeared on Jimmy Kimmel LIVE Tuesday night!
More Ahwatukee News
The Heat from Ahwatukee went into the championship game undefeated in the Junior Suns League. Now they’re fighting for the championship on the big stage at the US Airways Center.