SCOTTSDALE, AZ - One person has been taken to the hospital after a car was left running overnight in a Scottsdale garage and fumes got into the home.
Scottsdale Fire Department spokesman David Folio said crews were called around 5 a.m. Wednesday to the apartment complex near Shea Boulevard and 70th Street where a mother and daughter live.
Folio said the daughter left the vehicle running in the garage of the apartment and fumes got inside the residence.
The daughter was taken to the hospital as a precaution.
Surrounding apartments did not need to be evacuated, but fire crews are monitoring the air to make sure those residents are safe.
Folio said firefighters were only getting carbon monoxide readings in the affected apartment.
Folio also told ABC15 firefighters had been called to the same apartment a couple of days ago when the daughter had left the stove on.
Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas that can cause sudden illness and death, Folio said.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Click on the region names in the map below to see news from that region.
Things To Do
We’ve turned a corner! The weather is warming up so it’s the perfect time to get outdoors and enjoy some fantastic weather.
RIGHT NOW: Top Stories
Free parenting classes helped one Valley mom, but programs like these are becoming fewer and fewer with Child Protective Services budget cuts.
According to a national household survey of 70,000 people, identity theft resulted in $24.7 billion in financial losses last year.
Authorities say they received no prior reports of abuse from family members of a 14-year-old Mesa girl who was assaulted, strangled and dumped in a trash container.
If you're one of the lucky ones who have not been affected, here are some tips to help you stay that way.
North Korea said Friday that it has executed Kim Jong Un's uncle, calling the leader's former mentor a traitor who tried to seize power and overthrow the state.
On Thursday, the federal Department of Transportation and three members of Congress took steps to block those calls.