SCOTTSDALE, AZ - One person has been taken to the hospital after a car was left running overnight in a Scottsdale garage and fumes got into the home.
Scottsdale Fire Department spokesman David Folio said crews were called around 5 a.m. Wednesday to the apartment complex near Shea Boulevard and 70th Street where a mother and daughter live.
Folio said the daughter left the vehicle running in the garage of the apartment and fumes got inside the residence.
The daughter was taken to the hospital as a precaution.
Surrounding apartments did not need to be evacuated, but fire crews are monitoring the air to make sure those residents are safe.
Folio said firefighters were only getting carbon monoxide readings in the affected apartment.
Folio also told ABC15 firefighters had been called to the same apartment a couple of days ago when the daughter had left the stove on.
Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas that can cause sudden illness and death, Folio said.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Click on the region names in the map below to see news from that region.
RIGHT NOW: Top Stories
Authorities say no one was home when a fire broke out and destroyed a residence in Mesa Saturday afternoon.
Former Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords' advice to college graduates on Saturday was the same she offered senators earlier this year as they prepared to consider gun-related legislation.
It’s a sport Colton’s mom Simona Hecker never imagined he’d become comfortable with because of a developmental disorder he was born with.
Photos: Walk amongst 4,000 butterflies at 'Butterfly Wonderland' in Scottsdale, Ariz. The exhibit opened this weekend. Photo credit: Josh Frigerio/abc15.com
This month, the Fitbit Flex became the latest entrant in the race to dominate the wearable fitness technology market.
Land owner Nigel Turner's staff began charging the fee Saturday. About 20 tribal members were protesting along the road.