CAREFREE, Ariz. - A hot air balloon broke loose and caught fire at a festival in Carefree Saturday night.
Spectators were at the annual Hot Air Balloon Festival when a cord holding one of the balloons down broke free. The balloon owner told ABC15 the windy conditions added to the situation.
Sarah Bryant caught the accident on video saying, "It was just a freak accident, that there was just enough strength behind the balloon that it just broke."
A pilot was in the balloon when it took off. He was able to fly it and land it safely a mile away from the festival.
No one was hurt.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Did You Hear?
A man who was trying to protect his wife from a home run ball got a face full of beer for his effort.
Jim Heston, an American guesthouse operator in Cambodia, has lived a life in denim and has the photos to prove it. There were the dungarees he wore as a little boy, the dark bell-bottoms he had on for a hike up Japan's Mount Fuji, and the Levis straight-leg 501 jeans he's stayed with for the past 36 years.
A first edition copy of "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" that contains author J.K. Rowling's notes and original illustrations is going on sale in a charity auction.
More Carefree Area News
The Oklahoma Board of Dentistry says Dr. Scott Harrington may have put patients at risk for exposure to hepatitis and HIV.