DOUGLAS, AZ - A port of entry in southwestern Arizona was briefly closed Sunday morning in response to a report of a bomb that turned out to be a false alarm.
The Cochise County Sheriff's Office says a woman making an anonymous call told authorities that a vehicle that was going to travel into the United States through the port of entry at the Arizona city of Douglas would have a bomb in its back seat.
The sheriff's office says port workers later stopped a sedan that was headed northbound through the port and was carrying a man, woman and children.
The agency says no suspicious items were found in the car.
The sheriff's office says it was notified of the situation before 2:30 a.m. Sunday.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Click on the region names in the map below to see news from that region.
Things To Do
INSIDE: View our list of events happening this week around the Valley.
RIGHT NOW: Top Stories
Walmart is speaking out, saying a man is banned from their San Tan Valley location because he threatened an employee.
Give a toy to a child in need and get a personal 8-inch one topping pizza for free.
Looking to get into the holiday spirit? Check out 10 of the best holiday movies available now on Netflix!
Valley freezes are out of here and warmer air is on the way.
Mesa police say the mother's boyfriend has been arrested in the death of a 14-year-old girl whose body was found in a dumpster last week.
Nearly 2.5 million notices are being sent out, letting students and staff know that their personal information may have been compromised.