A four-day Xbox gaming marathon apparently was too much for one 15-year-old Ohio boy.
WCMH-TV reports that the Columbus teen collapsed and was hospitalized Tuesday after becoming severely dehydrated. His mother says he emerged from his bedroom during the four days only to pick up snacks or take a quick shower.
The boy was so engrossed in playing Modern Warfare 3 on Xbox that he made himself sick.
He's expected to be OK -- but his mom has taken away the Xbox.
Dr. Mike Patrick, an emergency physician at Nationwide Children's Hospital, recommended that gamers use some common sense: Get plenty of food and fluids, take breaks for physical activity and get some sleep.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Did You Hear?
Memorial Day weekend wouldn’t be the same without the backyard grill. The staple of backyard cooking isn’t just for meat either.
Actress Amanda Bynes was charged with reckless endangerment after police say she heaved a marijuana bong out of an apartment window in New York City.
An arrest warrant has been issued for supposedly-dead rapper Tim Dog, who is accused of faking his death to avoid paying a woman $19,000.
Britain is bracing for clashes with right-wing extremists and possible copycat terror attacks by Islamic extremists after the brutal slaying of a young soldier, whose grieving family spoke Friday of their loss.