Officials have determined an 11-year-old girl who died playing miniature golf in Florida Wednesday afternoon was electrocuted.
The girl, identified as Ashton Jojo of New York, was playing at the Orange Lake Resort near Orlando, according to an article on Foxsports.com .
Her ball reportedly fell into a pond and she attempted to get the ball when she screamed.
The article said a guest at the resort attempted to rescue the girl, but he was injured and was unable to help.
Jojo reportedly died after being taken to a hospital.
The Orange County Medical Examiner’s office confirmed electrocution by accident as the cause of death, according to msnbc.com .
It is unclear why the pond was unsafe.
The miniature golf course is reportedly closed for investigation.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Did You Hear?
Former Groupon CEO Andrew Mason is diving into several new ventures, including indulging his inner rock star with an album of "motivational business music."
Type four simple letters -- A, S, M, R -- and suddenly you're transported to an intricate, online world you've only imagined in your dreams.
The 1991 oil painting depicts the late television actress nude from the waist up.
A total of 60 people have been taken to hospitals with injuries from a collision between two New York-area commuter trains.