With the number of flu cases spreading across the country a health and fitness expert has offered up 5 ways to boost your immunity naturally.
Budge Collinson is the founder of Infusion Sciences and creator of natural multivitamin producer, Youth Infusion .
You should ALWAYS consult with your doctor about your health decisions.
5 Natural Ways to Boost Immunity
· Vitamin D: This more than other Vitamins is key to preventing disease and maintaining strong bone strength. The best source of Vitamin D is sunlight but since it’s rare in the Winter, you can get your daily dose of it through certain foods like Salmon, Tuna… It’s also available through Vitamin Supplements, in pill or powder form.
· Add More Garlic to Your Diet: Eating certain foods can give you the extra boost you need to keep your immune system strong. One of those foods is garlic because of its is antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties. Those help prevent infections from taking hold and spreading.
· SLEEP: When you’re body is tired, it doesn’t have the strength to fight off infection. This is why getting a good night’s rest is key in keeping disease away.
· Get Moving: Exercise is well known to being key in keeping you healthy. But doing it on a daily basis can help give your immune system an extra boost.
· Water, Water, Water: You can never say it enough. It’s increasingly important that you stay hydrated and drink water. That’s at least 6 to 8, 8 ounce glasses a day. It keeps your energy up and also helps keep your immunity up.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Click on the region names in the map below to see news from that region.
Things To Do
INSIDE: View our list of events happening this week around the Valley.
RIGHT NOW: Top Stories
A gunman has surrendered after a barricade situation at Phoenix Baptist Hospital Monday morning.
Freeze watches and warnings will kick off our week as we're expecting a few frigid mornings. Find out when we'll finally break out of this cold snap.
American Airlines has emerged from bankruptcy protection and US Airways culminated its long pursuit of a merger partner after the two completed their deal Monday to create the world's biggest airline.
One person was killed in a motorcycle crash Monday morning in Avondale.
President Barack Obama has taken off for South Africa to attend a national memorial service for anti-apartheid icon Nelson Mandela.
Town officials in Prescott Valley have agreed to put $40,000 for promoting regional economic development.