Giving them some unique and personal gift ideas for Mother's Day
Finding the right Mother's Day gift is sometimes tough, but going the personal touch route usually pays off. It's true, finding a gift that works for the individual is always best. If your mom is into exercise, find her something fitness related- perhaps not cooking related. If she loves to read, find her a good book, etc.
Consumer specialist Andrea Toch shares gift ideas that will work for a variety of moms on your list.
1. Wildskins: a great gift for the fitness fanatic mom. These fashionable arm warmers will control mom's body temperate while she's running, biking, hiking, etc. Wildskins are made of nylon spandex and stretch down to hands and have a thumb hole. They even have a pocket to stash a key, credit card or ID. Wildskins can be adjusted while exercising just by pulling them up to keep warm, or pull down when you get hot.
2. Lay-n-Go® COSMO: is an 18" diameter cosmetic bag that converts into an easily transportable handled clutch, allowing for quick and effortless clean-up of mom's cosmetics. Cosmetic collections used on the Lay-n-Go surface are easily spread out on a clean, contained, and dry surface…complete with an inside pocket for discrete storage. Mom won't have to dump her collection onto a towel or worry about her cosmetics rolling off the counter and onto the floor. When finished, she pulls the drawstring and the cosmetic bag is converted back into a completely sealed soft clutch.
3. MadCapz: are a chic new twist on a classic accessory- the baseball cap, designed just for women. They offer a unique low profile fit that moms love, plus an adjustable strap for a comfy fit. Available in caps and visors, in over 20 fun prints, there's one to suit all moms. Madcapz were created by a stylish woman who was losing her hair from Grave's Disease and couldn't find a cute feminine cap to wear. So, she created them herself and Madcapz were born.
4. I See Me: Me personalized books are a great gift idea for Moms-to-be. These stories take a child's imagination into world's they could only dream of before. Children can take their own journey into the world of make-believe and beyond. With such great titles as Who Loves Me, My Very Own Name, My Very Own Fairy Tale, God Loves You and many others, there is something perfect for every mother looking to share the world of reading with their child.
5. Roztayger: offers fashionable handbags with universal function for fashionable moms who need well-made accessories to meet their on-the-go lifestyle. Started by fashion entrepreneur and mom, Elizabeth Jeffer, this online shopping destination offers a carefully edited selection of accessories from a compilation of designers, including handbags, totes, wallets, briefcases, travel bags, iPad cases and more.
6. The Duelette: the fashionable bracelet that doubles as a hair tie, ensures that moms will never have to sacrifice style for utility again. From wrist to hair, this stylish accessory ensures that moms are ready for anything throughout their busy day. Durable non fray bands are adjustable to any size and come in black or white. Available in 14k gold or silver plated beads or a combination of the two and can be worn alone, together, or in combination with other bracelets to create the perfect look for any occasion.
Web site info:
I See Me: www.iseeme.com
The Duelette: www.chillyjilly.com/shop/?product=22
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
More Sonoran Living