Lifestyle expert Justine Santaniello says she has time-saving tips to make even the worst night-owl into an early bird.
"The biggest time-saver is getting things done the night before!" Santaniello said.
Here are some tips:
- Check the forecast so you can be prepared with an umbrella or coat.
- We have all heard to pick out our clothes the night before but don't forget to also include accessories like jewelry, shoes, and handbags.
- Shower at night, so you can take your time and create a spa-like feeling
- Save time during breakfast by planning your meal ahead of time and setting up the table the night before.
- Or if time is really tight, consider "dashboard dining" and pack up easy to travel items like a banana, a hard-boiled egg, or a bagel that you can eat in the car.
- You can also stock up on some yogurts Sunday night and bring those with you to work. Add some fruit or cereal and mix it up right at your desk.
"What's slowing us down is a lack of organization," Santaniello said. "You can't control what comes up during the day, but you do have control over your nights and mornings."
- Keep your bathroom organized by storing all of your toiletries in the same place.
- Keep the items you're using most at eye level in the medicine cabinet to make it easier to find what you need.
- Use double-duty products like a moisturizer that doubles as sunscreen, a lip color that can also be used on your cheeks, or stick foundations that act as both concealer and foundation.
Some of the products Justine displayed can be found at www.staples.com.
You can also visit her Facebook page: www.facebook.com/treehut
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.