Need some fun ideas for dishes to serve at your next football party?
Chef Dennis Frazier, Exectuive Chef of CaterPhoenix.com stopped by to show us! Here are some recipes from the show:
1 lbs 85/15 Ground Beef
1 Can Diced Tomatoes
1 Small Can Tomato Paste
1 Can Kidney Beans, rinsed
1 Cup Chicken Broth or Water
1 Packet Chili Seasoning
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Olive Oil as Needed
Individual Bags of Fritos
Toppings to include: Shredded Cheese, Sour Cream, Jalapenos, Green Onions, Diced Onion
1. Heat a 2 tbsp. of Olive Oil in a pot. Add ground beef and cook until beef is no longer pink, about 10 minutes.
2. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, beans, and broth or water. Stir to incorporate, bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
3. Add chili seasoning and cook another 10 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning.
4. To serve set bags of fritos out buffet style. Allow each guest to put their own chili and toppings in each bag. Enjoy!
1 Package of Naan, midwestern flatbreads (store bought)
1 Jar of Red Sauce, such as Carlaccio's Everything Sauce
Toppings: Whatever your heart desires.
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese as needed
Parmesan Cheese as needed
Italian Seasoning as needed
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
1. Put red sauce on each Naan Bread and gentle smear to the edges.
2. Top with mozzarella cheese. Next add topping of your choice.
3. Season lightly with parmesan and Italian Seasoning.
4. Bake for 7-9 minutes until edges are golden brown, serve immediately.
UPSIDE DOWN STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE MARTINI
1 cup Fresh strawberries, washed, stemmed
2 tsp. granulated sugar
1 Cup Cool Whip or other whipped cream topping
4 pieces of shortcake, poundcake or other white cake.
Tortilla for garnish, cocoa powder as needed
Fresh berries and mint to garnish
1. Slice strawberries, gently toss with sugar and allow to sit 10-15 minutes.
2. Fill bottom 1/3 of martini glasses with strawberries.
3. Add cake cubes to fill 2nd part of martinis.
4. Add whipped cream to top and using a flat object, such as the back of a knife, gently scrap martini glass so whipped cream in clean and flush with the top of glass.
5. Using a small knife, cut a decorative design in tortilla. Lay tortilla over martini glass and dust with cocoa powder. Garnish with berries and fresh mint.
You can contact CaterPhoenix.com at 602-7057126, or at www.caterphoenix.com .
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
More Sonoran Living