Summer cooking often means working with seasonal and fresh ingredients and recipes that don't require you to turn on the oven. Those with a palate for wine seek out varieties that help bring the light bites to life.
Executive Chef Frank Belosic at District American Kitchen and Wine at The Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel offer the following go-to combinations:
Wine Specialist Dustin Silks, from District American Kitchen and Wine Bar, offers the following tips to select wine for summer entertaining:
1. Take into consideration the occasion
2. Determine who will be attending the event
3. What time will the event take place
4. What will be served with the wine
5. When determining the wine, check out the wine's rating.
District American Kitchen & Wine Bar, Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel
320 N. 3rd St., Phoenix, AZ 85004
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.