Need some help decorating those cookies?
Cookies From Home stopped by to show us how to make cookie pops for Easter.
Cookie Pop instructions:
Use these instructions with your favorite shortbread or sugar cookie dough recipe.
1) Chill your cookie dough and roll dough using 2 dowels for even thickness. Sandwich between 2 pieces of parchment paper. Set back in refrigerator for 30 minutes
2) Take the chilled sheet of dough out of the fridge and begin cutting into shapes. For cookie pops, cut one at a time, insert the cookie stick, place on baking sheet, and then move on to cutting the next cookie.
3) Slowly insert the end of the cookie stick (found at baking supply shops) into the bottom of the cookie, using a slow, turning motion.
4) Now pinch the bottom of the cookie, where the stick meets it, and ensure it's secure. Place each cookie pop onto the cookie sheet using a cookie spatula.
5) Bake at 350 degrees for 6 to 8 mins. Decorate if desired.
Cookies From Home
1605 W. University Dr. Ste #106
Tempe, AZ 85281
(On University, just west of Priest)
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.