Halloween is just around the corner and if you haven't gotten a costume yet, chances are there's not a ton of variety available. Still, there are parties to attend and costume contests to partake in.
Don't fret; there's still hope. Zombie makeup is one way to create an authentic and spooky look in a pinch.
1) Start by pulling your hair back to keep makeup out of it. Later you'll "zombify" it.
2) Texture the skin by applying liquid latex to get the stretch and stipple look. Dry with a hair dryer and apply powder.
3) Create the look of rotted skin with uncooked oatmeal applied over a layer of the liquid latex. Cover with powder and dry.
4) Add flesh wounds with makeup or gelatin.
5) Cover with one more layer of liquid latex.
6) Add depth with dark eye makeup applied around the eyes and other hallowed out areas.
7) Frizz your hair or add conditioner for a greasy look.
Show off your costume at the "Art of Halloween" party and costume contest, Thursday, Oct. 31 from 5 to 8 p.m. at Practical Art located at 5070 N. Central Ave. in Phoenix.
At the party, guests are invited to show off their best costume concepts for a chance to win a prize. Practical Art will also transform its back room into a posing playground, equipped with a photo-booth, for ghosts, ghouls, witches and goblins to show off best Halloween garb. Seasonal beverages and snacks will also be served all night.
The party is free, and for those who cannot attend, the photo booth will be available for costume contestants starting at 11 a.m.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
More Sonoran Living