Cookies From Home came by the Sonoran Living studio to show us how to bake and decorate cookies and brownies for the holiday season!
And guess what? They even shared their brownie recipe!
Corey's Best Brownies
1 cup butter, melted
2 cups white sugar, 1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
½ cup Milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 baking pan. These are quite thin in this size, for "thicker" brownies, use a smaller baking pan
2. Combine the melted butter, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each, until thoroughly blended.
3. Sift the flour, cocoa powder, and salt in a bowl. Gradually stir flour mixture into the egg mixture until blended. Stir in the chocolate morsels. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared baking dish.
4. Bake in preheated oven until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Remove, and cool pan on wire rack before cutting.
Experiment with different fillings like Peanut Butter, marshmallow cream, bits of chocolate, jam, etc.
Tips for the perfect brownie:
1. Extra beaten egg yolk for chewier brownies
2. Use all purpose flour
3. Experiment with chocolates. In brownies, expensive chocolate does not translate to better brownies. Typically it is OK to use semi sweet off the shelf.
4. Baking times and materials are critical. Experiment with metal and Pyrex, both create different baking times and different textured brownies.
5. Bake your brownies for 3 minutes less for extra chewy treats
Cookies From Home
1605 W. University Dr. Ste #106
Tempe, AZ 85281
(On University, just west of Priest)
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.