Yum! Learn how to make delicious Caramel-filled chocolate chip cookies.
Chocolate Chip Caramel-Filled Cookies
1 1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 Tbs vanilla extract
2 tsp whole ground vanilla bean
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp sea salt
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 18 piece bag of Millie's Salted Vanilla Bean Caramels
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cover a cookie sheet with parchment and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, soda and salt, and set aside. In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the butter until fluffy and light, then add sugars and beat until creamy, about three minutes. Beat in the eggs and vanilla to combine.
3. Gradually add flour mixture to the butter mixture, beating well after each addition and scraping down sides of the bowl. Once mixed, stir int the chocolate chips by hand with a wooden spoon.
4. Scoop up a tablespoonful of dough and flatten into a disc. Cut a piece of caramel in half, and press both pieces together gently to slightly flatten. Put on top of the first bit of dough, then top with a second flattened tablespoon of dough. Gently press the dough ball to seal around the caramel.
5. Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes, or until the centers are set and the edges are golden and lightly crisped. Allow the cookies to cool in the pan about 2 minutes before moving to wire racks to finish cooling.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.