PHOENIX - Summer is meant for sun and fun, and that means a lot of time spent outdoors, including a little grilling.
As you fire up the grill, try some of these delicious recipes from Bryan Dooley, chef and owner of Bryan's Black Mountain Barbecue , to take your party up a notch.
2 lbs. deveined shell on shrimp
8 oz sliced celery
8 oz sliced onion
6 oz sliced green bell pepper
4 clove chopped garlic
1/2 oz olive oil
4 Tbsp butter
juice of 2 lemons
1 ea 12 oz beer
2 chopped tomatoes
6 Tbsp bryans barbecue rub
1. Add olive oil and butter to pan
2. Add onions, celery and bell pepper and sweat until vegetables are soft
3. Add garlic spice rub stir and add beer
4. Bring this mixture to a simmer add shrimp until cooked (shells will turn pink)
5. Add tomatoes and finish with lemon juice
6. Serve over rice or with crusty bread
1 lb. cauliflower floret raw
1 lb. european cucumber sliced
6 oz sliced red onion
6 oz sliced red bell pepper
6 oz frozen peas
2 1/2 cups sour cream
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp. dill
1 Tbsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
Combine all ingredients and serve.
Copyright 2011 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
More Sonoran Living