Do you love bacon? If you do, you may enjoy these fun bacon recipes from Sheila Bryson of Soul Café.
Bacon Bourbon Jam
· 1 pound thick smoked bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces ( in use Jalapeno smoked and infused bacon)
· 1 large onion, sliced
· 1/4 cup cider vinegar
· 3/4 cup coffee (brewed)
· 1/4 cup brown sugar
· 1/4 cup maple syrup
· 1/4 cup bourbon
· 1-2 chipotle chilis in adobo, chopped, (if you use the jalapeno bacon you don't need this)
· pepper to taste
1. Cook the chopped bacon in a large sauce pan over medium heat until the fat has rendered and the bacon starts to get crispy and set aside, reserving 1 tablespoon of the grease in the pan.
2. Add the onions and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
3. Add the vinegar and deglaze the pan.
4. Add the coffee, brown sugar, maple syrup, bourbon, bacon, chipotle chilies, and pepper, reduce the heat and simmer until reduced to a syrupy consistency, about 1 hour.
5. Process the jam in a food processor to smooth it out a bit but not too much as you want to have the texture of the bacon.
Bacon Ice Cream
§ ½ gallon of vanilla ice cream
§ 6 pieces of jalapeno infused bacon
§ 1 table spoon of cinnamon
§ Store bought caramel sauce or home made, I use a bitter caramel I make at the café.
1. Cook the bacon in a pan until it is crisp. You can also, do this in the microwave. Chop it up into little pieces.
2. Put the ice cream in a bowl and fold in the cinnamon, caramel sauce and chopped bacon.
3. Serve it in a fun container like a fried corn cup dipped in chocolate. ( like I did on the show.
Bloody Bacon Tini
§ 2 ½ oz. Bakon Vodka (bacon flavored vodka)
§ 4 oz clamato
§ Lime juice
§ Mix of season salt, celery salt, lemon pepper for the rim
§ Dash of worsershire sauce
§ Dash of hot sauce, your choice
§ Garnish of bacon, cherry tomato, blue cheese stuff olive and pepperchinis
1. Fill shaker with vodka, clamato, lime juice, worsershire, and hot sauce. Shake shake shake.
2. Rim a martini glass with lime juice and dip in your season salts
3. Fill your glass with the shaker and garnish with your garnishments
7615 E. Pinnacle Peak Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.