Are you looking for some fun recipes to try this summer? Local restaurant Z'Tejas Southwestern Grill is offering some new options.
APRICOT MUSTARD GLAZED PORK TENDERLOIN
1 cup apricot preserves
1 oz Dijon mustard
1 tsp chopped garlic
1 tsp blackened seasoning
Place all ingredients into a blender. Beginning on low speed, turn blender on slowly increasing to medium speed. Blend until glaze is smooth. Place in storage container and refrigerate
SERRANO MINT CHIMICHURRI
1 Cup Olive Oil
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1 oz basil leaves
1 oz mint leaves
1 oz serranot
1 Tbsp garlic
2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp black pepper, ground
1. Place oil, lime juice, basil, serrano and garlic in Vita-Mix blender. Staring on slow, begin blending increasing speed gradually. Allow to blend until all ingredients are well incorporated and sauce is smooth.
2. Add salt & pepper to sauce and blend to incorporate. Place in storage container and refrigerate.
CITRUS GLAZED GRILLED FISH
1- 7 oz fillet of fish - halibut/salmon/tuna
Salt/pepper to season
1½ oz citrus glaze
6 oz summer succotash (see recipe)
½ oz butter
2 oz grilled pineapple salsa
1. Clean grill and season with oil. As grill is getting prepped, season BOTH sides of fish with salt/pepper. Place on grill and cook to preferred doneness. Just before fish is ready, remove from grill, place on pan and coat with glaze. Finish in pre-heated 350 degree oven.
2. As fish is cooking, in a 10 inch sauté pan, heat butter over medium flame. When butter is melted, add succotash to begin heating. Season to taste and heat until thoroughly hot. When ready, place vegetables in the center on plate. Place finished fish atop succotash. Top fish with salsa.
½ lb zucchini
½ lb yellow squash
½ lb yellow onion
½ lb Anaheim green chiles
½ lb red bell peppers
½ Tbsp minced garlic
½ Tbsp ground cumin
½ Tbsp ground oregano
¼ cup olive oil
½ pound grilled corn kernals
1) In a large bowl combine all the ingredients and place on a sheet pan. Place in a 350° degree oven and roast for 12 minutes. Remove vegetables from oven and place into refrigerator to cool down. Once completely cooled down, proceed to Step #2.
2) In a large mixing bowl, add grilled corn kernel and roasted vegetables and mix thoroughly. Place succotash into plastic container and refrigerate.
2 oz sugar
¼ cup lime juice
2 Tbs tequila
1C. heavy cream
1. Place all ingredients into a small sauce pot and whisk together. Place over low heat and continue to whisk. Whisking constantly, continue until thickened, 10-12 minutes. Immediately pull off heat and pour lime curd into a fine mesh strainer into a clean S/S mixing bowl.
2. Add tequila to lime curd and mix until well incorporated. Once mixed, place into refrigerator and allow to completely cool before moving onto step #3.
3. After tequila mixture is completely cooled down, place heavy cream into mixing bowl and whip cream until thickened. Once cream is whipped, whisk into chilled tequila mixture until well incorporated. Once done, place finished mousse into plastic container and refrigerate
TEQUILA BERRY TRIFLE
3 oz white sponge cake
4 oz tequila mousse (see mousse recipe)
2 strawberries, cut in 4 slices
1oz whipped cream
Fresh mint leaf (garnish)
Strawberry slices (garnish)
1. Begin assembling by placing 1 oz of mousse at the bottom of a glass. Next, place 1 oz. of sponge cake and gently push down into mousse to form layer. Atop cake, place a layer of berries making sure there is some of each. Top berries with 1 oz. of mousse. Repeat steps by placing 2 oz. of white sponge cake, then berries, and then top with 2 oz. of mousse. Margarita glass should have a ½ inch window from the top rim. Gently tap glass so as to settle the ingredients. Wrap with plastic and refrigerate.
2. Remove plastic from the glass and place dollop of whipped cream atop the trifle. Place mint leaf garnish in whipped cream and fan strawberry slices next to mint.
You can check out Z Tejas at their website and visit them at one of their four Valley locations.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.