There is something about the winter months that just begs for a good book. Whether it's thoughts of curling up with a warm cup of cocoa and blanket in front of the fireplace, hours spent in an airport, or finding the perfect gift our thoughts turn to reading.
No matter what you're looking for during these winter months, Crystal Patriarche, BookSparksPR , has something for you. Here is her list of the top books for the season.
1. The Family Affair by Leon Gildin - a local, award-winning author here in Arizona and a fantastic family drama for anyone on your holiday shopping list. The Family Affair tells a story of lingering guilt, passion and why--among families--some things are better left unsaid.
2. Bonjour 40 by Karen Chase - for women who love to travel, this fantastic eBook is about a woman who turned 40 and traveled to Paris alone to experience Paris in 40 days and write about it.
3. The Man Who Couldn't Eat by Jon Reiner - just picked by L.A. Times as a notable non-fiction for their holiday gift guide, this fascinating memoir was an award-winning essay in Esquire magazine and tells the incredible story about a man, who after emergency surgery, could not eat for three months.
4. Blood Orchids by Toby Neal - for fans of James Patterson and Lee Child, this is a brand new mystery/crime novelist and the first in a trilogy about a police detective in Hawaii solving a case that becomes very close to home.
5. J'Adore New York by Isabelle Lafleche - for the Chick Lit lover and fashionista on your list who wants a fun story set in NYC with fashion and love, but also about a woman who changes her life.
You can learn more about each book at www.BookSparksPR.com and purchase the books at any bookstore or online bookseller.
Copyright 2011 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.