This DIY project is so simple yet very elegant, and it takes little time.
You can have a handy serving tray to use or give as a gift. The best part is that you can make it for less than $10!
CRAFT SUPPLIES NEEDED
1. Place some painters tape on the tile where you want your handles to go, approximately one inch from the edge. Find the center of the tile and mark it with a pencil on the tape. Find the center of your tile and mark it.
2. Measure the distance of the holes in your drawer handle, divide that by two. Measure that distance from the center on each side and mark it. (In other words the distance to the holes in your handle should be equal on both sides from the center).
3. Place your tile on a surface that has some give. We set ours on a pizza box.
4. Drill your hole on a lower speed. Add water to keep your drill bit cool and to keep the dust down. Keep adding water as the dust from the drill turns to paste.
5. You may need shorter screws to attach the handles. We replaced the screws in the package with 5/8" long screws.
6. Attach handles to the tile and add a bumper to each corner.
For more great ideas and how-to videos, visit www.supersimplewithterrio.com.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.