Tony Morales, the owner and founder of Desert Smoke BBQ, shows us how to make halibut with habanero-peach BBQ chutney and zesty Brussels sprouts with pancetta, dried cranberries and almonds.
Habanero Peach BBQ Chutney recipe:
· 1/2 cup cider vinegar
· 1/4 cup Desert Smoke BBQ Habanero Peach BBQ Sauce
· 1/2 cup loosely packed brown sugar
· 1/2 cup white sugar
· 1 large red Bell pepper, seeded, diced 1/4 inch, about 1/2 cup
· 1 small white onion, peeled and diced, about 1/2 cup
· 1 small habanero pepper, seeded and diced, 1 tablespoon
· 1/3 cup white raisins
· 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
· 1 tablespoon grated ginger
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1 1/2 pounds firm, fresh peaches, blanched to remove the skin, pit removed, sliced into wedges
Put the vinegar, BBQ sauce and both sugars into a non-reactive pot, place over medium heat and bring to a boil. Add the red pepper, onion, habanero, raisins, garlic, ginger, salt and simmer 10 minutes. Add the peach segments and simmer an additional 5-10 minutes. If the peaches are still firm allow to cook several minutes more. If you would like the syrup thicker you may also allow to cook for a minute or two to reduce liquid.
Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes in the pot.
Sample their products at local farmers markets and the Chiles and Chocolates Festival at the Desert Botanical Gardens November 9th-12th.
Their products can be purchased on-line (with free shipping in Arizona) and Arizona Whole Foods Markets.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
More Sonoran Living
Your kids can learn lifetime skills at dance camp this summer at the Cannedy Performing Arts Centre.