Calistro Bistro serves up mom's meatloaf with a twist and other fresh, organic dishes. It's comfort food, but healthy at the same time.
5 lbs cubed lamb meat
1½ lbs beef scraps
½ lbs beef fat
20 oz peeled and grated carrot
2 ea grated yellow onions
1 oz minced garlic
5 tbl zahtar spice
4 tbl salt
2 ea egg
Cube beef and fat and combine with lamb.
Grate carrots and onions with box grater and mince garlic.
Combine carrots, onions, spice, and salt, and set aside in refrigerator for 6 hours.
Grind meat mix into mixing bowl with meat grinder attachment on a mixer.
Combine meat mix with eggs.
Place mix in short loaf pans and cook in a water bath, covered, at 275 for 45 mins.
Remove from pans and top with marinara or béchamel sauce of your choice.
2 lb chicken sausage
2 lb ground sirloin
1 cup minced Pickled Garlic
3 quarts Marinara Sauce (of your choice)
Method of Preparation:
1. Gather all tools and ingredients (mise en place).
2. Add oil to a stainless-steel pot on medium high heat.
3. Add the hamburger and chicken sausage to the stainless-steel pot and brown.
4. Add the pickled garlic. stir for 1 minute.
5. Add the marinara.
6. Season with Salt and Pepper and serve on noodles of your choice
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
More Sonoran Living