One of the Valley's newest restaurants is open for business and Del Frisco's Grille offers a variety of dining selections for just about everyone.
Chef Michael Christensen shared a few of the recipes with us and some of the flavors might just take you back to your childhood.
Pimento Cheese Fritters with Chipotle Ranch Sauce
Pimento Cheese Mix
8 oz Pimento Cheese Mixture from your favorite grocery store
2 oz Panko Bread Crumbs
Salt, Pepper to taste
1. In mixing bowl, mix pimento cheese and bread crumbs until fully mixed. Adjust seasonings if needed, place into refrigerator and let rest for 1 hour.
2. Remove from refrigerator, scoop into 1 oz. balls and place back into refrigerator.
1 cup All-purpose Flour
1 cup Egg wash
2 cups Panko Bread Crumbs
1. Place above ingredients into separate containers and set up a standard breading station.
2. Place fritter into flour, coat fully and remove from flour. Then place into egg wash, move around to coat fully, remove from egg wash then place into bread crumbs, roll fritters between hands to force bread crumbs into fritters. After they are all breaded, place back into refrigerator.
1 qt. Favorite Ranch Dressing
1 TB Chipotle Powder
1. In mixing bowl, whisk mixture until smooth, reserve for service cold.
Deep Fryer Setup
1 qt. Salad Oil
Small pot large enough to hold oil with 3 inches of sides higher than oil
Turkey deep fryer thermometer
1. Place pot on stove, add oil, and heat to 325 degrees on the turkey thermometer.
2. Gently place a few fritters into oil, cook for 1 minute, remove from oil with slotted spoon, and place onto paper towels to absorb excess oil. Repeat until all fritters are fried.
3. Place onto plate with side of Chipotle Ranch Dressing and serve.
Mini Coconut Cream Pie
Coconut Cream Filling
1 box Vanilla pudding base
2 cups Coconut Milk (or as directed on the pudding mix)
2 oz Whole butter, unsalted
½ cup Shredded coconut
1. Follow recipe instructions and cook all ingredients to point of being done. Pour into premolded mini pie tins. Place into refrigerator overnight to set.
2. To serve, unmold, place on plate, pipe whipped cream onto top of pie, sprinkle toasted shredded coconut over whipped cream and serve.
6 oz. Vanilla wafers
1 TB Sugar
2 oz. Melted butter, unsalted
1. In food processor, combine all ingredients and pulse until medium coarse consistency and remove.
2. Press 4 ounces of crust into the 2 mini spring form pans and press into bottom and up the sides. Chill crust before filling.
Del Frisco's Grille
2425 E. Camelback Road
Phoenix, AZ 85016
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.