The Melting Pot shows us how to make fondue.
Cranberry Walnut Cheddar
4 oz Martinelli's Sparkling Cider
1 demi sp Shallots, diced
3 shakes Dry mustard powder
3 demi sp Dried cranberries, sweetened and chopped
5 oz (w) Cheddar/Swiss cheese blend
5 turns Black Pepper
2 demi sp Walnuts, chopped into roughly 1/4"-1/2" pieces
1 Add 4 oz of cider to the liner.
2 Place fork inside liner.
3 Add chopped shallots, mustard powder and chopped cranberries to the liner.
4 Add 1/3 of the cheese blend and mix thoroughly with the fork.
5 Add an additional 1/3 of cheese and mix thoroughly.
6 Add remaining 1/3 of cheese and mix thoroughly until all cheese is melted and incorporated.
7 Add the fresh pepper.
8 Use a whipping motion to fluff up the cheese.
9 Remove fork from the liner without scraping it against the sides and place fork across tongs.
10 Add chopped walnuts as a garnish.
Note: Flouring procedure: 5 oz
fl our per 5 lbs of cheese; 5 oz portions
Dippers to include: Bread, Granny Smith Apples, carrots, cauliflower and celery
Snickerdoodle Chocolate Fondue
2 oz (w)
Milk Chocolate Mixture
2 oz (w)
1 heaping tsp
Crunchy Peanut Butter
1/4 fl oz
Bailey's® Irish Cream
1/4 fl oz
1. Add milk chocolate mixture to liner.
2. Add caramel to the chocolate.
3. Place a heaping, long-handled teaspoon of crunchy peanut butter in the center of the chocolate and caramel in the liner.
Server HOH Procedure
1. Place Bailey's Irish Cream and Butterscotch Schnapps on set-up tray.
1. Place pot on burner, turn burner to HIGH or 15 and present dessert plate.
2. Stir to thoroughly combine the chocolate, caramel and peanut butter.
3. Add the Bailey's and the Butterscotch Schnapps.
4. Stir to thoroughly combine the liqueurs to the chocolate mixture.
5. Turn burner to LOW or 5 and give reminders.
Serve with standard dessert plate.
Ask about the special offer for Sonoran Living Viewers, receive a $25 Bonus Certificate with a $100 Gift Card Purchase or a $10 Bonus Certificate with the purchase of a $50 gift certificate
Melting Pot has 3 Valley locations:
Melting Pot Scottsdale- 8260 N Hayden Rd. Scottsdale, AZ 85260- (480) 607-1799
Melting Pot Arrowhead- 19420 N. 59th Ave. Glendale, AZ 85308- (623) 444-4946
Melting Pot Ahwatukee- 3626 E. Ray Rd. Ahwatukee, AZ 85044- (480) 704-9206
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
More Sonoran Living