Pearl Sushi offers dozens of sushi combinations, but say the key to great tasting sushi is in mastering the sticky rice.
Enjoy this recipe the next time you roll your own at home!
Rice Cooking Instructions
1. Sushi Rice Only - Use only short grain (Sushi grade) rice. Small batch is 3 quarts, large batch is 5 quarts
2. Wash - wash rice three times, straining each time using the net and changing out the water. After the last rinse the water should still be clear
3. Mix - Mix with water
a. small batch 3 Qts rice to 3 Qts water
b. large batch 5 Qts rice to 5 Qts water
4. Miola - add Miola
a. small batch 1 1/3 oz
b. large batch 2 oz
5. Cook - cook for 30 minutes - cooker will shut off automatically, let it sit covered for another 15 to 20 minutes
6. Transfer - move rice to large wooden mixing bowl
7. Season - add 8 oz rice vinegar (KD39 or MD32) per quart. PH should be around 4.2 (higher PH will make rice last longer). Mix with rice and let it sit about 15 minutes, mix two more times letting it rest 15 minutes each time and do not mix any more or rice will get to sticky
8. Hold - move rice to warms and hold until ready to use
9. Log - write down the time on the rice tracking log
Pearl Sushi Lounge & Bomber Bar 2 locations
2040 S. Alma School
Chandler AZ 85286
480-963-4766 We take Call ahead for parties of 5 or more to reserve the Tatami Table text 480-980-0384
Mon 11am-10pm - Wednesday Thursday 11am-12am - Friday Saturday 4pm-12am Sun 4pm-10pm
4252 N. Drinkwater Blve
Scottsdale, AZ 8251
480-947-3275 We take Call ahead for parties of 5 or more text 480-980-0384
Special events during the week at Pearl Sushi:
Monday= Social Media Monday follow us on twitter & facebook for specials
Tuesday = Sushi Gone Wild
Thursday= Girls & Pearls Ladies night
Sunday= Rock n Rolls Industry night featuring a Guest Dj at both locations and partnership with Martini Ranch.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
More Sonoran Living
Distrito shows off some of its delicious offerings for Arizona Restaurant Week!