Bella Vasta, Pack Leader for Bella's House and Pet Sitting gives the following tips on how to keep your pets safe during the 4th of July.
- Lock all doors and windows
- Consider confining them to a small section of your home so they don't have to "protect" the whole house
- Turn the TV and radio up loud to drown out the noise
- Make sure their collar is on with their tags or that they are micro chipped.
If you have a 4th of July party, keep all gates and doors locked and secured.
-Consider putting your pets in one room or floor of your home.
- If you leave your house to go to a party, consider having someone like a pet sitting service check on your furry kid.
If your pet escapes:
- First call all of your local vets and look on Craigslist-type places online.
- Start going to the Maricopa county shelters there are two and one is not in a good part of town. You will have to go there every single day to look because they will not post anything or look for you if you call.
There are two products that may help pets during stressful situations like fireworks displays.
- Rescue Remedy
- Thunder shirt
For more information
Bella's House & Pet Sitting
15560 N Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd
Scottsdale AZ 85260
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.