Tom Heinicke from Red Embers Bar and Grill at Uptown Alley demonstrates how to make fresh summer dishes.
Lobster Macaroni and Cheese
2 Tablespoons Oil
4 Ounces Lobster Meat
2 ounces Mascarpone
8 Ounces Pasta, Macaroni cooked
3 Ounces Lobster Bisque
1 piece Garlic Bread
Sprinkle Parsley, Chopped
1. Heat oil in a sauté pan
2. Sauté the lobster meat and the mascarpone until heated.
3. Add macaroni and lobster bisque.
4. Stir frequently until combined thoroughly.
5. Place in the pasta bowl.
6. Sprinkle with chopped parsley over the pasta.
7. Place the garlic bread on the rim.
Blackened Mahi Sandwich
6 Ounces Mahi, Cajun Spices
1 Each Kiser Roll
¼ Cup Chipotle Mayonnaise
4 Ounces Fries or side choice
1 Each Butter Leaf Lettuce
1 Each Tomato, Sliced
3 Red Onion Rings
1. Place 1 oz oil in a sauté pan over medium heat.
2. Once oil has heated, dredged the Mahi in Cajun seasoning and place in the sauté pan to begin to blacken.
3. While Mahi is blackening, toast the Kaiser bun flat grill with a little bit of butter.
4. Place the toasted bottom part of a Kaiser roll on a large square plate at 3:00.
5. Once Mahi is cooked, place the blackened Mahi on the bottom bun half.
6. Cap the sandwich with the bun toward 12:00.
7. Place the fries in a parchment-lined bucket at 9:00.
8. Place the burger set (butter leaf lettuce, tomato slice, red onion rings) at 6:00.
9. Place a bullet of Chipotle mayonnaise at 12:00.
10. Slip a steak knife under the bun at 2:00.
Plate: Medium Rectangle/Bucket/Bullet
Bread Pudding, Raspberry
2 1/2 Cups Cream, Heavy
3/4 Cups Half & Half
6 Tablespoons Liquid Egg Yolk
1 1/2 Cups Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Bean Concentrate
1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Loaf Texas Toast, Cubed ¾ inch
2 Cups Raspberries
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix everything but the raspberries and bread together in a large mixing bowl. Blend well.
3. Cut bread into ¾" cubes and place in a cake pan.
4. Slowly pour liquid mixture over the bread and gently fold in the raspberries.
5. Pour 1/4 gallon of HOT water into a larger pan to create a water bath.
6. Place the smaller pan into the larger pan to create a water bath.
7. Bake for 45 minutes and test if done by inserting a toothpick. If it can be removed without any bread pudding sticking to it - it is done.
8. Uncover and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
9. Remove from water bath and place in walk-in to cool overnight.
10. Top with sliced raspberries
11. Cut into squares
12. Place each portion on a side plate and serve
Shelf life: 4 days
Yield: 6 servings
Red Embers Bar and Grill
13525 N. Litchfield Rd
Surprise, AZ 85379
Happy Hour is offered Monday - Friday from 3-7 p.m.
1/2 Price on Appetizers, Well Drinks and Select Draft Pints
Kids Play Free - Age 12 and under
*With purchase of Kids Meal
Free $5 game card included
$4 Taco Plate - 2 Tacos (Beef or Chicken), Chips and Salsa
$3 Domestic Draft Beers
$12 All you can bowl from 9pm - Close
All Night Happy Hour from 3pm - Close
Friends and Family Fun Pack - $49.99
- Large 1 topping Pizza
- 4 sodas
- 4 $12 Game Cards
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.