If you are looking for a creative way to decorate a room, try decorating it with old shirts.
Styrofoam is light weight and easy to find. Cover large squares with your kids old t-shirts and decorate their room.
Styrofoam Wall Decor
Project Time: 1-2 hours
Craft Materials Needed
· Styrofoam ™ Brand Foam - 1" x 12" x 36" sheet, three
· Scrapbook paper: 12" x 12", nine sheets or old t-shirts. Basically whatever you have to cover the Styrofoam
· Ribbon, 1" x 12 yds. to cover sides if you need too
· Sharp pencil
· Serrated knife and old candle; or, dental floss This is used to cut the Styrofoam if you need to size it.
· Thick, white craft glue
· Sawtooth picture hangers, nine
· Straight pins (optional)
1. Using ruler and pencil, score foam sheet to create three, 12" x 12" squares. Wax serrated knife with an old candle. Holding foam sheet firmly on a flat surface, extend one end and cut across score line, using knife like a saw. Or, try dental floss: stand the sheet on its edge, and hold a 20" length of dental floss along the scored line, positioning one hand at the bottom of the board and the other at the top; draw the dental floss down through the foam sheet along the scored line. Repeat with remaining two foam sheets.
2. If covering with paper, spread white craft glue on foam square, center 12" x 12" paper, and adhere to foam. Repeat, covering all foam squares.
3. Pin or glue ribbon around edges.
4. Glue sawtooth picture hanger to back. For additional hold, insert and glue two straight pins through holes in sawtooth picture hanger.
5. Let dry before hanging.
For more ideas a home décor booklet is available on line to download at www.styrofoamstyle.com
For more projects and how-to videos visit www.supersimplewithterrio.com
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.