Many of us have a list of things we'd like to do or accomplish before we die, for some it's full of adventure, and for others it's loaded with travel destinations. The 'Bucket List' with an Arizona spin is the inspiration behind the August issue of Arizona Highways magazine.
Titled '31 Things To Do Before You Kick The Bucket' this issue is full of not only places to see, but ways to 'experience' some of Arizona's finest offerings.
Editor in Chief, Robert Stieve, shares a few of suggestions on the list:
1. Kayaking Emerald Cave, Black Canyon. Sometimes, timing is everything. So it is with this unexpected jewel, located 2 miles from Willow Beach below Hoover Dam on the Colorado River.
2. Camping near the Mittens, Monument Valley.
3. Get on your bike and ride, Sedona. Sedona is a great place to mountain bike (some say it's even better than Moab) for the same reason it's popular with the four-wheelers. Sedona's famous red rocks are both beautiful and varied, with easy trails for casual riders and technical trails to test the mettle of the most experienced bikers.
4. Rafting the Colorado River, Grand Canyon.
5. Arizona Trail, Walnut Canyon. This National Scenic Trail, which extends more than 800 miles across the state from Mexico to Utah, was the dream of a Flagstaff schoolteacher.
The August issue of Arizona Highways is on newsstands now or subscribe at www.arizonahighways.com
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.