Apothecary Jars are common in home décor and used often for their versatility. They range in price from $20 to $200.
Jamielyn Nye, popular and well-followed blogger of I Heart Naptime , offers an easy do-it-yourself option for crafters hoping to make apothecary jars for just a couple dollars.
• Wooden Base from a Hobby Lobby
• Candlestick from Dollar Tree
• Jar from Michaels
• Knob from Michaels
• 12x12 Scrapbook Paper
• Cupcake Liners
• B O O letters printed
• Small Clothespin
1. Glue Candlestick to base.
2. Spray paint base and knob black. Allow to dry.
3. Glue Jar to Candlestick and the knob to top of jar.
For the Lolly’s inside the jar:
1. Cut (2) strips of paper 1 1/2 wide. Glue those to pieces together.
2. Fold the paper 1/2 in and flip to other side. Fold in another 1/2 in and repeat to create a zig-zag pattern.
3. Glue ends together and push flat to create a circle.
4. Glue one cucpake liner and letter to the center.
Now stick them in the jar, or use as a banner.
To create a bigger Lolly you can cut 2-3 inch strips and glue 3-4 strips together.
You can learn more about other crafts ideas at Iheartnaptime.net .
Copyright 2011 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
More Sonoran Living
Executive Chef Richard Velazquez from Salty Sow prepares recipes for Sonoran Living Live