Schedule adjustments and service additions to some Valley bus routes will go into effect on Monday, July 22, 2013. Upcoming changes to service include:
· Route 1 on Washington Street will end at Sky Train Station.
· Route 3 on Van Buren will extend south on 44th Street and east on Washington to Priest for some trips.
· Route 10 on Roosevelt will extend trips west to 67th Avenue and Lower Buckeye Road.
· Route 15 on 15th Avenue and Route 60 on Bethany Home Road will have route adjustments into Montebello Transit Center; buses will travel west on Missouri, north on 19th Avenue and east on Montebello.
· Route 16 on 16th Street will extend to Northern Avenue during weekday peak trips.
· Route 39 will be partially eliminated and reconfigured to extend along 40th Street between Shea Boulevard and Paradise Valley Community College.
· Route 56 will re-route south on Priest to Ray Road, west to 48th Street and north on Priest to the Botanical Gardens via Phoenix Zoo
· Route 80 on Northern will extend to SR-51 on Northern Avenue, on SR-51 to Shea Boulevard, and on Shea Boulevard to Mayo Clinic at 136th Street.
· Route 106 Peoria/Shea Boulevard will end at the Paradise Valley Mall Transit Center.
· Route 108 on Elliot will modify to travel west on Elliot, south on 48th Street to Chandler Boulevard and additional trips will be added.
· Route 122 on Cactus will end at 19th Avenue and Cactus and will no longer serve the Metro Center Transit Center.
· Route 186 on Union Hills will extend east on Mayo Boulevard to Scottsdale Road.
· Central/South Mountain RAPID - two morning and two afternoon trips will be eliminated.
· Route 511, the Scottsdale Airpark Express, will reroute slightly at the north end.
· Route 571 - Surprise Express will add one morning and one afternoon trip.
· Mesa Downtown BUZZ will now travel south on Mesa Drive and west on 8th Street on designated trips.
There will be no changes to light rail service.
For a complete list of service changes and schedule adjustments, visit http://www.valleymetro.org/ or call Customer Service at 602-253-5000. Passengers can also create a customized transit book by using the http://routes.valleymetro.org/my_etransit_book tool. Printed copies of the new Transit Books are available at city hall offices, libraries, transit centers and on buses.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Click on the region names in the map below to see news from that region.
Things To Do
INSIDE: View our list of events happening this week around the Valley.
RIGHT NOW: Top Stories
A meteor sighting over the Arizona skies caused quite a stir Tuesday night. From Las Vegas to Tucson, Twitter users reported a bright object streak across the horizon.
Walmart is speaking out, saying a man is banned from their San Tan Valley location because he threatened an employee.
Valley freezes are out of here and warmer air is on the way.
A new study in the journal Psychological Science suggests that the act of taking photos may actually diminish what we remember about objects being photographed.
Give a toy to a child in need and get a personal 8-inch one topping pizza for free.
Looking to get into the holiday spirit? Check out 10 of the best holiday movies available now on Netflix!