WASHINGTON - Nearly 2 million Summer Infant video baby monitors are being recalled after two strangulation deaths.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission says electrical cords on the monitors can present a strangulation hazard if placed too close to babies' cribs.
The commission says that was the case with a 10-month-old girl from Washington D.C., who died in March and a 6-month-old boy from Conway, S.C., who died in November.
In all, about 1.7 million monitors -- more than 40 different models of handheld, digital and color monitors -- are being recalled by Summer Infant of Woonsocket, R.I.
Parents are urged to check the location of the monitors to ensure that the cords are out of arm's reach of a child.
The company will provide new warning labels and safety instructions.
Did You Hear?
Jacqueline Simpson, 52, is suing the restaurant chain over a piece of glass she bit into while eating a chicken sandwich.
A man who was trying to protect his wife from a home run ball got a face full of beer for his effort.
Jim Heston, an American guesthouse operator in Cambodia, has lived a life in denim and has the photos to prove it. There were the dungarees he wore as a little boy, the dark bell-bottoms he had on for a hike up Japan's Mount Fuji, and the Levis straight-leg 501 jeans he's stayed with for the past 36 years.