Mesa: The following 24-hour drop-off sites will be open Dec. 26-Jan. 13:
- City of Mesa Solid Waste Management Department, 730 N. Mesa Dr.
- East Mesa Service Center, 6935 E. Decatur St.
- Superstition Springs Police/Fire Substation, 2430 S. Ellsworth Road
- Mountain View Park, 845 N. Lindsay Rd. (enter off of Adobe St.)
- Dobson Ranch Park, 2363 S. Dobson Rd.
PHOENIX: Trees can be dropped off for recycling at any of the participating Phoenix parks anytime between Wednesday, Dec. 26, 2012 and Saturday, Jan. 5, 2013. Participating parks include:
- Deer Valley Park, 19th Avenue and Utopia Road
- Paradise Valley Park, 40th Street south of Union Hills Drive
- Sereno Park, 56th Street and Sweetwater Avenue
- Cactus Park, 38th Avenue and Cactus Road
- Mountain View Park, Seventh Avenue south of Peoria Avenue
- Marivue Park, 59th Avenue and Osborn Road
- Washington Park, 23rd Avenue and Maryland Avenue
- Madison Park, 16th Street and Glenrosa Avenue
- Los Olivos Park, 28th Street and Devonshire Avenue
- Desert West Park, 67th Avenue and Encanto Boulevard
- El Reposo Park, Seventh Street and Alta Vista Road
- Mountain Vista Park, 50th Street just north of Ray Road
- Desert Foothills Park, Desert Foothills and Chandler Boulevard
- Cesar Chavez Park, 35th Avenue and Baseline Road
A to Z Equipment Rentals and Sales:
4050 E. Indian School Road or 15634 N. 32nd Street in Phoenix. They will accept trees at no charge from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 26 through Saturday, Jan. 5, except on Monday, Dec. 31, when trees will be accepted from 9 a.m. to noon.
Transfer stations also are an option for Christmas tree recycling. Both locations (30205 N. Black Canyon Highway and 3060 S. 27th Ave.) will accept trees from 5:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays, 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturdays and 6 a.m. to noon on New Year's Eve. Residents should be advised that transfer stations are closed on Sundays and New Year's Day.